Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Acupuncture increases the success of IVF

This study analyzed data from more than 4 million patients who undergo the procedure of in vitro fertilization clinics in the US, where as an additional therapy they were assigned to receive acupuncture.
He told reporters the head of a group of scientists, Eric Mangeymer Medical Center of the University of Maryland, USA, “According to our observations, for fertility clinics, where the standard rate of successful pregnancy is above average, and this – 32% or more, that is, literally speaking , one shot of the three, acupuncture as a method of adjunctive therapy will not bring however whatsoever noticeable improvement in the number of successful fertilization. But at the same clinic where artificial insemination is performed less efficiently, acupuncture can be very useful additional measure. Over able to establish a certain connection: the lower basic level of successful fertilization in the hospital, the more it increases the acupuncture. ”
The results show that in the group of patients who underwent acupuncture, pregnancy rate was significantly higher (39%) than among patients, which was not carried out acupuncture (26%). At the same time carried out in 2 days after the transfer procedure not only did not improve pregnancy rates, but also reduce the positive effect of acupuncture carried out on the day of embryo transfer.

However, the researchers did not surprise anyone, because, according to statistics, that acupuncture is most commonly prescribed additional therapy in vitro fertilization in the United States. But scientists have already announced that they will carry out further research to ascertain how useful it can be for the acupuncture clinics less successful in terms of safety and cost.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot really relate to. I mean I'm not sure accupuncture did help me. Though we tried it severa times when undergoing ivf shots. Unfortunately all our attempts failed. The only benefit I got from accupuncture is that it did make me relax. It's proved to increase the blood flow to the reproductive organs. More oxygen means more healthy cells etc. But this is just my own personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was preparing for the following IVF cycle, seems I did everything I could. And at that very time my co-woker announced her pregnancy! It sounds terrible, but I almost felt like she hasn’t earned it. This was her very first FET. No miscarriages or chemical pregnancies. No putting her body through the hot flashes and night sweats of depot Lupron or other autoimmune protocols like those painful Lovenox injections. No heartbreak when the beta comes back 1. Or worse, when it’s 23 and then vanishes. She was even able to genetically test her embryo. One PGD-normal embryo, one transfer, one pregnancy, one baby. It was hard for me to wrap my head around. Several of my friends have used IVF with OE and all have been successful. All of them over 40 years old. Why not me?! Am I a horrible person? What did I do wrong? Should I have tried accupuncture for longer? Gluten free? Had more dairy? Those were the constant thoughts in my head..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I've tried this too.
    I so badly wanted to be ok with DE, but I was struggling and wondering how to reconcile my feelings for a long time. In order to 7 years TTC, searched the guidance of a RE and after my workup found I had fibroids in my uterus, aged eggs and life threats concerning pregnancy – unable to conceive and experience pregnancy ever.  There was no hope for me to ever have my own genetic child, to ever have a child that would be a mix of myself and my husband. I felt like I felt when I had a close family member die.  The pain was like something I was unable to describe. 
    Of course, DE was provided as an alternative.  Upon hearing that, I felt very distressed.  Despite my emotional distress with the option, rationally, I knew DE seemed like our best option. And having a surrogate to carry the baby for us. I so badly wanted a family, that once made strong decision – YES, I’d do it!
    So here are we now, at biotex, waiting for our surrogate’s test date.
    Best wishes are highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried acupuncture twice in my life. Both times whilst preparing for IUI cycles. Unfortunately no actual effect, as the problem was in the core. As it turned out later I wasn't able to carry pregnancy. So probaby I'll resume its effect was beneficial for my nerves only. Did felt relieved for some time after acupuncture. I think it's worth trying anyway. Ladies might be more lucky than me -xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife did a couple of things differently this time around:
    Did a surgery to remove fibroids and waited for several months to recover.
    Took blood thinners (lovenox injections every night-40m-one time per day).
    Took baby aspirin 81mg.
    Started taking estrogen pills the second day of the period.
    Drank chicken and beef broth -organic grass fed.
    Ate pineapple cores.
    She did not rest too much. Drank a lot of water a lot of tea non caffeinated.
    Slept and rested during the day but still kept active- went for walks and went out at nights. Ate lots of nuts. Took vitamins. Ate brazilian nuts every day. Kept body and feet warm. Wore flat shoes. Tried to stay away from stress.
    Tried to eat gluten free foods and gross fed meats and diary products and organic fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete