Tuesday, April 28, 2015

TV presenter Sally Obermeder exploring surrogacy to have another baby after breast cancer battle


THERE are not many women game enough to pose in their swimsuit for a newspaper, and even fewer who have had the health struggles of Sally Obermeder.

But the 41-year-old TV presenter is feeling so fit and fabulous she was happy to strip down to her cossie for The Sunday Telegraph.

“I feel the healthiest and best I’ve ever felt in my life,” she said.

Four years ago Obermeder was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer, the same month she gave birth to daughter Annabelle.

“I was ravaged from the inside out. My energy levels were low, my skin looked sick, my nails had fallen off. I really wanted to feel whole again,” she said.

After getting the all-clear in 2012 she discovered a simple way to drop the 15kg she’d put on through her treatment and feel better at the same time.

The answer came in green vegie smoothies.

She started drinking two a day and noticed the difference immediately: “It blew my mind.’’

She has written a book, Super Green Smoothies, with her sister Masha Koraiem.

With daughter Annabelle now three-and-a-half, the Daily Edition host said she would love to have more children but doctors have warned her it’s too risky.

The only option left for her and husband Marcus is to find a surrogate and use their frozen embryos.

“We’re talking to some people and trying to work out what we can do,” she says.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment