Monday, January 26, 2015

True-life story


I remember I walked down the street and sobbed my socks off. Infertility diagnose sounded for me as a sentence. “You will never be able to have children!” - doctor said. It was an awful feeling. All day long my husband phoned me to find out the results. I wasn’t able to say him about it. When husband came home he found the results on the table, and me crying and viewing photos on which I was a little girl. He looked at me and his eyes streamed tears. We cried and said nothing…
Moreover I worked as a shop assistant in baby-goods store. Every time when I saw a pregnant woman - it was terribly painful for me. And I always asked: “Why she, and not me?”
A few months later I decided to back to my question. It was rather difficult but as I lived with it, so might once again return to this painful issue. I read in the Internet about different ways of fertilization. We visited doctor by doctor.
After 5 years of looking for a good doctor and appropriate clinic, we found one professor. He said us the only phrase that there was a chance. He suggested artificial insemination using donor eggs. I was shocked. Professor recommended us to think about it carefully. Leaving doctor’s office I looked at my husband and said with tears in my eyes - no. We sat on a bench and began to talk. Of course my husband persuaded me, but I had my own contradictions that plagued my soul. For me, it was like treason. But my husband constantly tried to persuade me, saying that we have a chance and we must take it, because it will be our baby and we will love him more than anyone else.
After two months of persuasion, I finally agreed. We went again to the professor. We needed to drive 500 kilometers to reach him. At that time, the road seemed to us to be an eternity. Procedure was conducted at once, but it was something inside me saying that there will not be positive result. Woman's wit.
Coming back home, we were looking forward to the moment when 3 weeks would pass and finally conducted a pregnancy test, but at the end of the 3rd week test was negative. There was no time to think. I called once again to the clinic and doctor ordered me the second procedure. Feelings were rather mixed inside me. But the second time was also negative. The test showed a negative result once again.
I had an appointment with the doctor for the third attempt and I had a feeling that everything will be as it should be. We went to the clinic being relaxed and smiling. In the hospital I was conducted a blood test for the hormone levels and the decision was as follows: it is needed to wait another two days, since my menstrual cycle was delayed. Then there were two more days and two more days once again. As a result, doctor said us that it would be better to come another time. I was torn to pieces. I phoned my mother and shed floods of tears. I was psychologically broken. But, at last I waited until the next term. There were 6 couples in the hall. They all waited for the procedure. We were the third in this line. When it was our turn professor asked us to wait. We all waited and waited. At last the nurse called us and said that it's our turn. Professor explained us that in the case of the third failure it’s needed to do in vitro. But I felt that that everything will go fine.
After the procedure’s end, professor patted my shoulder and said that it went off without a hitch. We went home and after the procedure we had only to wait. Two weeks later, I got up at 5 am, and could not stop myself from conducting a pregnancy test. I closed my eyes and waited for 5 minutes with tears in my eyes.

Finally, there were two lines, which pointed out that I was pregnant! I could not believe to my eyes. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I put the test on the pillow, woke up my husband and said, "Get up Daddy." He also started crying. Finally, fortune smiled upon us. It was the most wonderful day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment