Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I donate my eggs for money

Mother-of-two sells them for £750 a pop and spends the cash on treating her children to toys and days out or decorating her house. Emma Frost, 25, from Romford has made a total of £2,250 from donating. The full-time mum wants to continue until she reaches total of ten. Three women have conceived in last three years with her help. A mum of two, who donates her eggs for money, uses the cash she receives from the clinic to spoil her children - and even kit out her house with new carpets. And Emma is hoping to donate another seven times - the maximum allowed - for £750 a go.
The full-time mum, from Romford, East London, has used the cash to kit out her home but says she is happy to be helping other people experience the joy of motherhood and would donate her eggs even without the money. She said: 'The money is a bonus and it allows me to give my children a beautiful home. 'I feel passionate that everyone gets the chance to be a parent and I love giving people that opportunity.'
Emma joined the fertility market when she considered acting as a surrogate for a friend of a friend struggling to conceive. The first time Emma donated her eggs, she used the £750 to buy bunk beds (pictured) for her two kids. Having enjoyed being pregnant with daughter Bailey, six, but believing that she and partner Ben Hodgson were not going to have any more children of their own, she was keen to carry another baby, even if it was someone else's. But just as she was about to offer her womb as a temporary home for someone else's child, she found herself pregnant again.
After giving birth to Mia, two, she decided that even if she was not going to carry another baby she could still help people realize the joy of parenthood. Emma applied to be an egg donor and found out when she arrived that there was compensation for the ten days of injections and short procedure under anaesthetic. In the last two years, she has donated eggs to three different women who have all fallen pregnant. And with the money she has received as compensation, Emma has dramatically improved her house and treated her two children to the toys and outings she wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.
After the first donation she decorated their bedrooms and bought the bunk beds they were desperate for, next she re-carpeted her house. The last time she made the trip to the clinic and received the £750 in return, she took her family on a trip to London and put half away in an account for the girls to access when they are 18. Emma said: 'I've changed the future of another family and I want to look out for my own children's futures too. 'At first I wanted to be a surrogate. I loved being pregnant and I had no complications - it was just a fantastic experience. 'Then I found out about egg donation and decided that, as I'd had another daughter by then, this was the thing for me. 'A couple of my friends have had trouble conceiving and the thought of being able to give something back was great. 'And being able to the do the renovations to the house and give the kids something is great. 'We took them on a big trip to London and they blew half of one of the payments on the day out which was fun. 'Then the rest of that most recent payment I put away in an account for them which they can have when they are 18. 'I've lived with my partner for six years and although he was a bit shocked and worried about the risks at first, he's fully supported me. 'My family was just so proud - people were calling me up to congratulate me when I first did it. 'You can do it a maximum of ten times, which I'm going to do. 'I want to do it ten times because I love the feeling and the pride I get from helping another family have what I have. 'There are no bad points to donating eggs. You feel good about it and you give a family something they've always wished for.'

((http://www.dailymail.co.uk/))

No comments:

Post a Comment